DIY Idea to make beautiful outdoor lamps using old wine & beer bottles to light up your garden, balcony & your mood.
Lighting always adds color to our lives. Won’t it be beautiful if we could make beautiful lamps from the things we would otherwise throw away? I FOR HER has partnered with artistic home-makers and interior designers, who can help us with an easy yet amazing DIY idea to create awe-inspiring lighting torches (also known as Tiki Torches). Go ahead and watch the video above or read the details below to know more.
Let’s begin with the things you’ll need:
Now that you’ve collated the materials, let us go ahead and create magic:
- Remove all the labels from the bottle and clean it thoroughly with sandpaper. This ensures the rope sticks properly to the bottle
- Wrap the rope/twine around the bottle, simultaneously applying glue at each turn
- Fill 1/3rd of the bottle with pebbles/stones (this will help you save on the oil later)
- Pour oil into the bottle and leave a few inches space empty at the top
- Now fit the brass coupling at the top of the bottle
- Insert wick into the coupling, ensuring to keep at least 1.0-1.5 inches still out of the bottle
- Wait till its dark, and light up your lamp
- Feel proud of yourself 🙂
Bonus: If you use Citronella oil for your lamp, it’ll ensure no mosquitoes will be around to bite you!
More from I For Her: Brighten Your Balcony Without Spending Money
Hope you enjoyed the creation of Outdoor Lamps or Tikki Torches. In case you are an artistic home-maker or interior designer, and would like to be featured on I FOR HER, please mail your ideas to our editors at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we find your work worth inspiring our audience, we would invite you to publish your work.