While our regressive society may not like Sunny Leone but here are the reasons why she is much more inspiring than many leading Bollywood actors and actresses.
Karenjit Kaur Vohra, aka Sunny Leone, has always touched many hearts through her honest and unapologetic nature during multiple interviews. In these interviews, she not carried her past of working in the adult industry with pride, but also smashed patriarchy in style. She made sure that our society’s regressive and patriarchal mindset doesn’t make her feel ashamed of herself.
No one would deny that Sunny Leone has come a long way in Bollywood, which is a testimony to her hard work. Here are some of Sunny Leone’s great interview comebacks that are not only brutal but also no less than words of wisdom.
1. The most popular is the interview by TV journalist Bhupendra Chaubey in the year 2016. During this interview, Sunny called him out when he asked if her past ‘haunts’ her.
During the interview, Bhupendra made some really disgusting sexist remarks at Sunny Leone’s former career of being an adult film star. But, Sunny Leone refused to let him have his way with his regressive questions.
“You’re the only person. It’s the press and the media that says holding back or haunt. I’ve never said haunt. I’ve never said held back. I am not held back. Maybe I don’t know yet. Maybe one day I get to work with somebody who is this huge star. At this moment, I don’t know any better so it doesn’t affect my life.” ~ Sunny Leone
2. During the interview, he further asked Leone “If the clock is turned back then would you still do what you did?” But, Sunny Leone had such a decent answer to his pathetic question:
“Everything I have done in my life has led me to this seat. It’s a chain reaction that happens. Everything is a stepping stone to something bigger and better or you want it to be bigger and better. That’s what life is all about. When you are young you make decisions which lead you to who you are as an adult and that’s just the way I worked!” ~ Sunny Leone
3. While showcasing his regressive mindset, he made this incredibly unnecessary comment about how all women in India see her as a threat because she’ll steal their husbands, she shut him down in a second. To which Leone gracefully said:
“Sorry ladies, I don’t want your husbands. I have my own.”~ Sunny Leone
4. And, when he shamelessly said, “I’m wondering whether I’m being morally corrupted because I’m interviewing you.” But, the badass Sunny just suggested that she could just walk away.
“I can leave if you want me to.”
5. In a separate interview, Sunny was asked about her ‘notorious’ past and her inspiring response definitely deserve our respect.
“I don’t think I would ever disown my past because my past is which has brought me here. And it’s not that somebody forced me to do anything that I didn’t want to at that moment in time in my life.”- Sunny Leone
6. Sunny Leone became the target of heartbreaking comments when she adopted her daughter. Many targeted the actor that being a former adult filmstar she wasn’t fit to raise a family. But, Sunny never paid heed to these comments. While responding to the comments in an interview later, Sunny mentioned:
“I didn’t see those comments at the time because I was busy doing what any mother does — taking care of her child. I don’t think that it would affect me in any way, because they’re not living in my house or my head. They don’t know of my intentions in my life, or towards my daughter. If anything, they should be happy that a child was going into a loving and safe home, and maybe we should take care of millions of other kids who are looking for a home.”– Sunny Leone
7. Being the constant target of trolls, Sunny was asked how she managed to deal with them. And, she shared a simple way of dealing with them in this interview:
“My advice is to push pass the hatred. Don’t stop what you are doing. Keep posting fun things about who you are and what you love to do. Don’t read the comments. The haters will find another target, so don’t let it get to you. Some of us have opted out of social media. My advice to them is, come back, guys. I want to see your pictures of the fun things that you do. Don’t let the .05 percent of haters spoil the fun…..People write all sorts of crazy stories about me. I mean, every single day there’s some crazy story about me. If I had started worrying about them, I would have probably packed my bags and left for the US already.”– Sunny Leone