We keep blaming Bollywood for giving us worthless movies that are regressive, misogynist, sexist, or simply badly written or made. But, is it just Bollywood that needs to be blamed for giving us senseless stupid movies? What about us – the audience? Doesn’t the audience play a key role in making Bollywood’s terrible movies blockbusters? Aren’t we also one of the reasons behind Bollywood’s mediocrity? We compared some atrocious terrible movies that the audience watched and made them ‘blockbusters’ with some good movies that the audience refused to watch!
1. Salman Khan’s brainless comedy vs. a well-created intelligent movie!
2. Sajid Khan’s terrible, terrible movie Humshakals, which made much more money than the sensible Rajkummar Rao’s movie – City Lights
3. Farah Khan’s multi-starrer terrible movie made much more money than Rajat Kapoor’s movie starring Sanjay Mishra. The latter was much more profound and beautiful.
4. Rohit Shetty’s SRK-Kajol starrer might have made a lot of money, but it wasn’t even close to the brilliance of the Kanu Behl starrer.
5. Atrocious love story of Himesh Reshammiya made 4 times the amount of money than Abhay Deol starrer.
6. SRK’s terrible movie made 50 times the collections compared to Amole Gupte’s fantastic movie!
7. Rajkummar Rao’s national-award-winning performance couldn’t help the movie collections at the box office.
8. Remake of the Tom Cruise-starrer Knight & Day, Hrithik Roshan’s movie made more than 20 times the money of Anurag Kashyap’s well-crafted thriller.
9. Prabhudheva’s misogyny vs. Dibakar Banerjee’s amazing commentary on Indian politics!
10. Prabhudheva’s another misogynist movie that beats smaller yet better-made films.
11. Sex comedy vs film about freedom struggle!
Do let us know what you think – is it only the Bollywood or even the audience need to be blamed for mediocrity in the Indian movies?