Let’s accept that our Bollywood films are the result of mediocrity. Leaving a few movies aside, we witness a lot of unbelievable Bollywood plots that are just stupid. These plots have been seen in popular Hindi films since many decades. Even though these plots continue to pop up again and again, we continue to wonder why. Here are some of these stupid plots in popular old Bollywood films:
1. There is always an old dadi blackmailing a girl to marry just because she is about to die
Since time immemorial, there are Dadis, who are portrayed to be obsessive either about their grandkids’ weddings or a couple to deliver a baby. This plot has been so prevalent that many Dadis watching it, have internalised this behaviour. It’s a problem that elderly women are not expected to have any other wishes and dreams.
But, that’s not the complete issue. Another major fact that we have problem is with how the entire family forces a woman to get married just because her dying dadi made an unrealistic demand!
2. Can some explain us how come all the fancy family parties have mics and performers?
And, how people suddenly break into dance performances like the entire family arrived for an audition for a talent show? With 500 hundred dancers in the background, the Bollywood hardly tried to made these song performances look believable!
3. One another common plot being used in Bollywood is how rich can’t celebrate their birthday parties without announcing an engagement at the same party
Most of the time, it is rich man’s daughter’s engagement that is announced at her birthday party, the news of the boy or engagement unbeknownst to her.
4. Many movies in 80s and 90s used this plot of ‘Kabootar messaging’
Why weren’t people using regular postal services? Why Bollywood promoted this aviary mode of communication that doesn’t make any sense? Why are they talking through pigeons when there were phones available?
5. In a country, that is famous for studies; how come the college kids did everything in movies, except studies!
In real life, parents want their kids to study hard, top the class and become an engineer. But Bollywood films want them to become a Gunda and participate in competitions to help him win the girl. With no attention on academics, Bollywood movies bring national shame to our marks obsessed parents!
6. While bollywood promoted filmy mothers, who intuitively, knew where her child was unlike our moms – who need to send us 50 missed calls to know where we are!
Where can we find moms like Jaya Bachchan in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham or Rakhi in Karan Arjun? These moms would exactly know where their kids were. Our moms keep calling us and even after 50 missed calls and endless Whatsapp messages -“Kahan ho?” “Kab aaoge?”, she has no clue where her kids are!
Wish Bollywood could explain to us how they could come up with these stupid unbelievable plots that are far away from reality!