Be it Wake Up Sid or Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Ayan Mukherji’s movies have always manage to connect brilliantly with our generation. Even after a decade, some scenes of Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani still speak to our heart.
Though, sometimes, movie is criticized for romanticizing toxic character like Bunny, but no one is perfect. Other than its flaws, the movie still have so much to offer to its audience. There are so many breath-taking scenes that you can relate so much. From lost friendships to unrequited love to be with someone worthy of us to teaching us when it’s the time to let go of people, this film clearly had its heart at the right place.
Here are 12 reasons why we feel the movie still talks to us and understood our generation like no other movie:
1. We are known as a generation, who is obsessed with the idea of being ‘greedy’ about everything in life. And, the banter between Bunny and Naina told us to calm ourselves down because ‘kuch na kuch toh rahega’
2. Many of us, who are stuck in our comfort zone, this scene was a reminder that we can never move ahead in life if we keep staying stuck in one place.
3. Because, people can have different opinions than ours and it is completely okay. Because, we don’t want to marry or date a clone!
4. Heart to heart conversation between ‘practical’ Bunny and an ’emotional’ Naina reminded us of similar conversation that we had with people who were close to our heart once.
5. Reminding us the power of good memory!
6. Just reminded us that no matter how much money we earn or how much successful we become, our friends only want our time and nothing else.
7. Our parents know us the best, no matter how much we fight with them!
8. The movie had a strong message for the generation that is obsessed with running after behind a better job, a better life or a better EVERYTHING! Stop Running! Breathe! Look around! Because, your desire to run after things make you miss out on something (or someone)!
9. One of the most powerful message that movie had was about letting go. Through the character of Aditi, the maker taught us why it’s important to let go of someone who doesn’t reciprocate your feelings. And, rather settled for someone who understand and respect you.
10. Not just Aditi, but Naina also chose to let go of Bunny without burdening him with her feelings as they both wanted different things in life.
11. YJHD gave us the courage to get out of rut altogether and chase your dreams
No one can deny that this movie had some great scenes that touched our heart and became part of us. In case you are missing this film, here’s a small treat! Watch this deleted scene from the film.
* All images are either screengrab or poster of the respective movie.