Shah Rukh Khan’s latest blockbuster, “Jawan,” has set the nation abuzz, creating waves of excitement with its remarkable performance at the box office. As this cinematic marvel continues to break records day after day, join us as we delve into the lesser-known, intriguing facts about “Jawan” that are sure to leave you both excited and pleasantly surprised. So, fasten your seatbelts as we unveil some of the most fascinating hidden gems about this blockbuster.
1. Did you know that when Shah Rukh Khan’s film was first announced, it was tentatively titled “Sanki” (crazy)? Now, that would have been an unconventional title!
2. Vijay Sethupathi wasn’t the first choice for the role of Kaalie. None other than Rana Daggubati was initially offered the role of the antagonist, which he had to decline due to health issues.
3. Actresses Deepa Venkat and Raveena Ravi have lent their voices to Nayanthara and Deepika Padukone, respectively, in the Tamil and Telugu versions of the film.
4. Here’s a tidbit for “The Family Man” fans! The movie stars both Priyamani and Ashlesha Thakur, who previously portrayed a mother and daughter in Raj & DK’s “The Family Man.”
5. How many of you remember “1 2 3 4 Get on the Dance Floor” from Chennai Express? The actress who danced with Shah Rukh Khan in this song was Priyamani, and this marks the second movie where SRK, Priyamani, and Deepika Padukone have shared the silver screen.
6. This marks Shah Rukh Khan’s eighth foray into playing double roles. He has previously taken on dual characters in films like “English Babu Desi Mem,” “Duplicate,” “Paheli,” “Don,” “Om Shanti Om,” “Ra.One,” and “Fan.”
7. Did you know that it is only the second time in Shah Rukh Khan’s illustrious 30-year career that he has played a cop? The first instance was as ACP Arun Verma in “One 2 Ka 4,” back in 2001!
8. While discussing interesting facts about “Jawan,” we can’t forget the talent behind the hard-hitting dialogues – Sumit Arora. This incredibly talented writer, one of the contributors to the film, has also penned dialogues for “Stree,” “83,” “The Family Man,” “Dahaad,” and “Guns & Gulaabs.”
9. Shah Rukh Khan really went bald for this movie. In a recent interview, the actor stated, “I’m even bald in the film, so that’s something I’m never going to be in my life again. It was a first and a last.” Given his affection for his hair, it’s quite a remarkable transformation for SRK’s role in “Jawan.”
10. Another fascinating fact about “Jawan” is the choreographer behind SRK’s performance in “Beqarar Karke Humein.” When a bald Shah Rukh Khan was seen grooving to this old song in a metro, fans went wild. Did you know that King Khan himself choreographed the song?
11. Contrary to popular belief, “Jawan” isn’t Anirudh Ravichander’s Bollywood debut. He has previously composed music for Hindi-language films such as “David” (2013) and “Jersey” (2022).
12. And finally, do you know how Shah Rukh Khan prepared for his role in “Jawan”? In response to Allu Arjun’s wishes for the success of “Jawan,” SRK revealed that he watched “Pushpa” three times to learn some swag from him. It’s not just Allu Arjun; SRK also mentioned in one of his interviews that he prepared for “Jawan” by watching films of Allu Arjun, Rajnikanth, and Yash to grasp the language of expression for the unique world created in the movie.
So, have you watched the film yet? How did you find it? Tell us in the comments below.