Recently, we stumbled over how there is a huge difference between male characters written by women vs. those written by men. And, the difference is massive. So, here are some of the characters written by men and women and their differences.
Here are the different characters we noticed:
1. Male Friendship written by Zoya Akhtar and Reema Kagti vs. written by Milap Zaveri and Tushar Hiranandani in Masti.
2. A patient and kind lover written by Juhi Chaturvedi in Piku vs. the toxic and controlling lover written by Sandeep Reddy Vanga in Kabir Singh
3. Men betrayed in Love written by Bhavani Iyer and Meghna Gulzar in Raazi vs. Himanshu Sharma in Raanjhanna
4. Musicians written by Reema Kagti and Zoya Akhtar in Gully Boy vs. written by Imtiaz Ali in Rockstar.
5. Male camaraderie written by Reema Kagti and Zoya Akhtar in Dil Dhadakne Do vs. written by Luv Ranjan in Pyaar Ka Punchnama.
6. Lover: Robbie written by Kanika Dhillon in Manmarziyaan vs. Badrinath a glorified stalker written by Shashank Khaitan.
7. Heartbroken Men written by Juhi Chaturvedi in October vs. Ali Abbas Zafar in Gunday.
8. Man who rejects a woman: Dr. Jehangir “Jug” Khan by Gauri Shinde in Dear Zindagi vs. Dev written by Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane in Dev D.
9. This doesn’t need an explanation. Male protagonist written by Aparna Sen Sharma in Mrs. & Mr. Iyer vs. written by Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.
We will leave it up to you to decide which type of characters you want to see on screen more often.
Images from respective movies stills & posters