One of the favorite TV shows of 2006, Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai captured many great stories. The show revealed an unheard side of the celebrities while bringing their friends and family members on the show. Every episode was a special one, but one episode that specifically touched our hearts was with Sushmita Sen, where the actor left us teary-eyed while narrating her inspiring win at the Miss Universe pageant.
Here are some of our favorite moments from her interview:
1. When Sushmita Sen was asked if she wouldn’t have been an actress what she would have been? She beautifully shared how winning pageants and entering Bollywood was a beautiful coincidence for her. She shared that even if she wasn’t here, she would be very happy with the other careers she would have chosen.
2. When Sushmita opened up about adopting Renne. She beautifully introduced Renee as her ‘destiny’ and explained her name, which means to be born again. She also shared she chose Renee because the 6-month-old responded to her name immediately.
3. When Sushmita opened up about how she fought in court for Renee’s adoption. And, how she may not have given birth to Renee, but the little one taught her how to be a mother.
4. When Sushmita shared how she was approached to be a part of the Miss India pageant when she was at a disco. She almost withdrew her application when she heard the news that Aishwarya Rai was competing. How rather than being jealous, she beautifully appreciated Aishwarya Rai and her beauty makes you applaud Sushmita even more.
5. Sushmita Sen also opened up about her iconic reaction when she realized she has won Miss Universe.
6. When Sushmita opened up about the clothes that she wore during the competition – including her winning gown. She shared that the clothes that she wore were from Sarojini Nagar. Because she came from a middle-class family and they couldn’t afford designer clothes.
7. When she shared that even the gloves that she wore along with her winning gown were made out of black socks. What a diva!!
On the work front, Sushmita’s highly anticipated movie “Taali” is set to make its grand debut on JioCinema this 15th August. The teaser has already garnered immense praise, leaving audiences eager to witness Sushmita’s exceptional performance on the big screen.