Being an ambitious woman in India is tough. You are shamed for your dreams. At every step, society and more often than not, your own family, force you to give up on your dreams. And, the movie Chak De India captures the struggle of Indian women pursuing dreams in the most relatable way! Here are 10 relatable instances from the movie Chak De India that shows how difficult it is for a woman to pursue her dreams in the patriarchal society!
1. How society shamelessly dismisses you and your dreams just because you are a woman
2. When your family believes they have a legitimate right to control you and your dreams
3. When your own husband pushes you to give up on your life-long dream.
4. When people want the perks of your job but no support or respect for you or your job or your dreams
5. When your career is never treated as a priority just because you are a woman!
6. When the whole world just waits for you to fail
7. When it shows women always have to fight harder than the men to prove themselves
At IFORHER, we salute every women fighting for their dreams as they have to stand alone against the whole world.