No one would deny that as a society we are very good at judging others. Sadly, the worst-hit victims of our ruthless judgments are women. Recently when Priyanka Chopra announced the birth of her first baby with Nick Jonas, the nosy judgments and brutal reactions said it all.
It is quite disgusting how women are targeted for living life as per their own choices. It is sad how social media has become a place where people think it’s okay to dump their regressive opinions. Sadly, these people don’t understand that it isn’t our business to comment on everything that a woman chooses to do!
At IFORHER, we are in awe of fearless and bold women, who refuse to listen to anything except their hearts. Here are 9 such brave women, who chose to lead their lives as per their hearts rather than how society expected them to!
1. When Priyanka Chopra embraced motherhood at the age she wanted to and the way she desired!
People criticized Priyanka for choosing surrogacy. But she refused to bow down to the negative voices and broke stereotypes that women can’t become mothers after a certain age.
2. When Malaika Arora, despite being trolled for the age gap between her and her partner Arjun Kapoor, chose to find love.
Rather than being bogged down by the negative voices, she showed how finding love after divorce is normal and everyone deserves a second chance.
3. When Rupali Ganguly thanked her husband for taking care of the kid while she worked!
When Rupali openly praise her husband and said, “I am blessed to have a man like that in my life who supports a woman so much. He doesn’t need to send his wife out for work, but he takes the onus for her to go out there and make a mark for herself.”
4. When Dia Mirza ditched Bidaai and Kanyadaan to break the patriarchal norms of society
Dia shared a hard-hitting post for women, urging them to embrace the culture but not the patriarchal norms that treat them as commodities.
5. When Sushmita Sen publicly shared the news of her breakup to let everyone know about the split.
She showed how not every breakup needs to be nasty and people can gracefully part ways and move on.
6. When 81-year-old Waheeda Rehman chose to be a Wildlife Photographer, she inspired women to chase their dreams no matter what their age is!
7. When Dilip Joshi’s daughter ditched usual beauty standards and chose to flaunt her grey hair at her wedding.
When Dilip Joshi’s daughter, Niyati Joshi decided to sport her greys by not coloring them at her wedding, she inspired millions of women to embrace themselves. She showed how women with courage and self-confidence can break the shackles of social pressure and stereotypes.
8. When Neha Dhupia became honest about her post-pregnancy body and stroke a positive conversation around it!
Neha Dhupia, a mother of two, spoke to Etimes and said, “I want to go back to my pre-natal body, which I had before my two kids… But the truth is that I am happy in the body that I have right now, and we need to stop overthinking. I am in my postpartum body right now, there was someone in me, and I am left like a bag, but I feel so good to give life, and I speak for all mothers. Please don’t put yourself through it, don’t overthink.”
9. When Urmila Matondkar gave an honest take on motherhood.
In an interview with TOI, Urmila said, “Yes and no. If it happens, it happens. I’m not looking forward to it nor am I ‘not looking forward’ to it. It’s not necessary for every woman to be a mother. Motherhood should happen for the right reason. I love children. But there are so many children out there who need our love and care. It’s not necessary that they be born from you.”
We are so proud of these brave souls and every woman, who is taking a stand against regressive society!