Katrina Kaif stepped into Bollywood film industy 16 years ago. Since then she has survived multiple highs and lows. After doing over 40 movies, Katrina Kaif has managed to establish herself as one of the industry’s leading star. But, not just a leading star, she is a woman who stood up for herself and other women across the country.
From shutting down inappropriate comments to voicing her opinions to standing against mansplaining, Katrina Kaif is a role model for many. Here are some moments that reflect who Kaif is a perfect mix of grace and sass:
1. Katrina Kaif shut down her co-actor Ranbir Kapor when he clearly mansplained her during an interview.
Here’s a perfect example of what mansplaining looks like. During the promotion of Jagga Jasoos, when Katrina was asked a question about her character, Ranbir Kapoor quickly high-jacked the conversation. But Katrina refuses to stay quiet. She gave back a perfect response. You can watch the complete interview here.
“And, in real life, he treats me like a kid. Like I know nothing. Because, he won’t let me finish my sentences.” ~Katrina Kaif.
2. During a promotional event, Katrina clearly expressed her disgust when she was refered as ‘somebody’s girlfriend’ in the newspaper despite being a leading actor herself!
During a promotional interview, Katrina Kaif mentioned how it was unfair to identify women simply as ‘someone’s partner’ when there was so much more to them than that. You can watch the complete interview here.
3. Katrina has always spoken about having her individual personality. Rather than answering the questions about men in his life, she has spoken up against the kind of regressive questions that professional women have to deal with.
In an interview, Katrina commented that it was regressive that people were only interested in the men in a woman’s life.
4. In the male-dominated Bollywood industry, Katrina Kaif has repeatedly spoke about the need for greater female-centric films. Katrina has been constantly sharing that there is a need for more movies with female leads.
5. Katrina has even spoken about her desire to work in a two-heroine movie and how Bollywood needs some real roles for women.
6. Katrina has always spoken about treating yourself as your own priority and not relying on anyone else for your happiness. The lesson that many of us need to learn!
7. Katrina has always refused to body-shame other women! She has always promoted positive body image!
Despite all the criticism, Katrina Kaif has created her own path. We wish her luck and hope she will keep inspiring us to stand for ourselves!