This post captures quotes on powerful women, who refused to follow the rules and created their own paths!
While the world may expect women to follow rules set by society, it is a reality that well-behaved women seldom make history. Rather than applauding the rebellious women for ‘being their own self’, they are given the tag of “difficult” or “rebel” as they refuse to lead a life dictated by others. These rebellious women are inspiration to not just one generation, but to many more to come after them. These rebellious women achieved great heights and showed the world that women who don’t follow the rules, create history! So, we have compiled some quotes by such rebellious women, who believed in themselves and refused to follow the “Good Girl” rules! Here are powerful women quotes to inspire and empower you to follow your own path.
Powerful Women Empowerment Quotes
1. “It actually doesn’t take much to be considered a difficult woman. That’s why there are so many of us.” – Jane Goodall
2. “The woman who can create her own job is the one who will win fame and fortune.” – Amelia Earheart
3. “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” – Emma Watson
4. “I have often been asked whether I am a woman or an athlete. The question is absurd. Men are not asked that. I am an athlete. I am a woman.” – Billie Jean King
5. “The reason women are critiqued for being too loud or too meek, too big or too small, too smart to be attractive or too attractive to be smart, is to belittle women out of standing up publicly. The goal is to ‘critique’ into submission & applies to anyone challenging power.” – Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
6. “I am the type of woman that if I want the moon, I get it down myself.” – Frida Kahlo
7. “Women get the attention when we get into the men’s arena, and that’s sad.” – Billie Jean King
8. “I’m 46 years old, I’ve had to hear a lot of times, ‘Well, it’s better than it used to be for women. And, you know, I don’t think that’s my goal, to have it not get worse.” – Katie Porter
9. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” – Maya Angelou
18. “Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story from the one women are told. I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave. Nothing could vanquish me.” – Cheryl Strayed
19. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
Dear Rebel Woman, hope these powerful women quotes would have made you feel less alone. At IFORHER, we want to let you know that we are so proud of you! Thanks for inspiring so many to fight for their dreams rather than just being a well-behaved girl!