Love undoubtedly is one of the most beautiful emotions. The sense of wholeness and fullness can flood your entire being when you are with someone you love. But though we often think of love as heartfelt emotion, there is also quite a bit of science involved. In fact, you would be surprised to know some of the amazing psychological facts about love, that are scientifically proven:
1. Couples’ Heartbeats Synchron(eyes) – Staring into each other’s eyes is one of the most lovable acts. But according to a study, when people in love gaze at each other for a few minutes, their hearts also start beating in rhythm together.
2. Hugs are the best! Cuddle a hug – When in love, hugs can be the absolute stress busters. A hug for more than 20 seconds, releases oxytocin which helps reduce stress and uplifts one’s mood. Also, a cuddle can significantly relieve a headache!
3. It’s a matter of few minutes – It takes anywhere from 3-5 minutes to like someone. It could even take lesser time to fall in love. It also proves that falling in love, at first sight, is real.
4. Butterflies are real – The fluttering feeling in your gut is real when you begin to fall in love. It is due to the adrenaline in the body that makes the butterflies swarm around when you think or see your loved one.
5. Widen the pupils – When you gaze at your love, your pupils expand. It could also be staring at a picture or video of your partner. In turn, with dilated pupils, you also look more attractive.
6. Staring at strangers – When two strangers merely stare at each other, they can fall in love. Of all facts about love, this one is quite strange!
7. Give it time – Love in the first year of romance is all about lovey-dovey gestures and butterflies in the stomach. However, after a year, these feelings give way to a more stable relation, often known as the stage of committed love.
8. Love is a drug –Facts of love can be uncanny. Imagine comparing being in love with doing drugs. But it’s true. Both drugs and being in love can make you feel high!
9. Love eases pain – Of all psychological facts about love, this one is the most endearing. Yes, being around your partner, holding their hands, or even looking at their photographs can reduce pain. The warm comfortable feeling of love has the same response on your brain as painkillers.
10. LOL Love – Laughter and love are close companions. Lovers who laugh together build a stronger relationship when compared to those who chuckle less.
11. Who’s first? – One of the funny facts about love is that men tend to fall in love faster than women. As per research published by Vogue, it is the men who say the three magical words first.
12. Love can heal – When sick, having your loved one close to you can help speed up the healing process. A study indicated that wounds heal two times faster when partners have a strong bond.
These psychological facts about love prove that love links the mind, body, and heart. Facts about love are not mere logistics. But is testimony that love connects us to not only to other people but to our very inner soul as well.