On the occasion of 71st Republic Day, we bring you the powerful words, quotes, and slogans from our great freedom fighters and leaders who sacrificed their entire lives so that you and I could live in a free India!
In times like today, when our country is fighting against multiple issues – be it coronavirus or a slowing down economy, we feel every Indian need to seek inspiration from these powerful words and stand for the national cause.
On this day, let’s strive to better our nation by doing our bit. Let us remember the sacrifices of our leaders and instill patriotism and a sense of service in us by keeping their famous sayings, words, slogans, and quotes in our minds. Here are some powerful quotes and slogans which you can share on Republic Day on Whatsapp and Facebook to spread the powerful message.
Famous Slogans By Freedom Fighters That Inspired Many
1. “Jai Hind”: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
Subhash Chandra Bose, also known as Netaji, was one of the most charismatic leaders of his time. He gave us the first commemorative postmark of our independent country – Jai Hind. And, now these powerful words are used as a slogan and salutary almost everywhere in India.
2. “Vande Mataram”: Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
Bankim Chandra Chattopahyay’s novel Anandmath captured this beautiful and inspiring poem in 1882. Written in Bengali and Sanskrit, this beautiful poem is a praise to the motherland that inspired thousands to sacrifice their lives during the freedom struggle.
3.”Swaraj Mera Janamsiddh adhikar hai, aur main ise lekar rahunga”: Adopted by Bal Gangadhar Tilak
This powerful slogan was coined by Kaka Baptista but it was later adopted by Bal Gangadhar Tilak. It became one of the most popular slogans in our fight for independence. While this slogan inspired thousands of people to fight for their rights, it also made many fall in the love with their motherland.
4. “Jai Jawaan, Jai Kisaan”: Lal Bahadur Shastri
Instilling the emotional sentiments of ‘Jai Hindustan’ in the hearts of millions of Indians, this slogan is a reminder of how our soldiers and farmers fought for our independence. This slogan gave a new direction to our freedom struggle.
5. “Satyamev Jayathe’: Popularized by Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya
With the powerful meaning of “Truth alone triumphs”, this slogan not only been adopted as the national motto of India but also inscribed in the script at the base of our national emblem.
6. “Inquilab Zindabad”: Synonymous with Bhagat Singh, coined by Muslim leader Hasrat Mohani
Even today, this slogan is as powerful as it was when it was coined for the first time. This slogan even today instills the feeling of patriotism in Indian youth. This slogan inspired many to lay their lives for the motherland and snatch freedom from Britishers.
7. “Sarfaroshi Ki Tamanna, Ab hamare dil mein hai”: Ramprasad Bismil
This patriotic poem by Bismil Azimabadi, later used as a slogan by Ramprasad Bismil has an important place in the history of our freedom struggle. This slogan echoed at multiple places while challenging the authority of British rulers.
8. “Dushman ki goliyon ka hum samna karenge, Azad hee rahein hain, Azad hee rahenge” : Chandra Shekhar Azad
How one could one forget the brutal atrocities of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre – when hundreds of unarmed innocent people were killed. This incident impacted Chandra Shekhar Azad so much that it made him use this slogan and fight for his country.
9. “Araam Haraam hai” : Jawaharlal Nehru
This powerful slogan inspired thousands not to take a sigh of relief till our freedom fighters freed our country from the claws of the British Government.
And, now one of the most inspiring slogans that urged the youth of India to join the Indian National Army in the struggle for independence of India, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose inspired thousands of young souls to sacrifice their lives for their country.
Famous Quotes By Freedom Fighters That Inspired Many
1. “Patriotism is religion and religion is love for India” – Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
2. “A country’s greatness lies in its undying ideals of love and sacrifice that inspire the mothers of the race” – Sarojini Naidu
3. “Every Indian should now forget that he is a Rajput, a Sikh, or a Jat. He must remember that he is an Indian.” – Sardar Patel
4. “Whenever you have truth it must be given with love, or the message and the messenger will be rejected.” – Kasturba Gandhi
5. “If yet your blood does not rage, then it is water that flows in your veins. For what is the flush of youth if it is not of service to the motherland.” – Chandra Shekhar Azad
6. “Better remain silent, better not even think, if you are not prepared to act.” – Annie Besant
7. “Bombs and pistols do not make revolution. The sword of revolution is sharpened on the whetting stone of ideas.” – Bhagat Singh
8. “We believe in peace and peaceful development, not only for ourselves but for people all over the world.” – Lal Bahadur Shastri
9. “Main apni jhansi nahi doongi (I shall not surrender my Jhansi).” – Rani Lakshmi Bai
10. “Don’t see others doing better than you. Beat your own record every day because success is a fight between you and yourself.” – Chandra Shekhar Azad
11. “I know where I am going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I am free to be what I want.” – Aruna Asaf Ali
At IFORHER, we wish you and your family a proud Republic Day!