Ratna Pathak Shah is a great actor, who has given us amazing characters. She is one of the few actors who have proven their mettle in all forms of acting – Movies, TV, Theatre and more recently OTT.
Be it her role as a mom smashing patriarchy in ‘Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na’, or as Buaji in ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’, she has won millions of hearts. And who can forget her timeless portrayal of snobbish socialite – Maya Sarabhai in ‘Sarabhai vs Sarabhai’.
Apart from her roles, Ratna has made also made headlines for her honest opinions and great quotes. Shah has even never shied away from telling the truth and shedding light on the state of affairs of the industry she is a part of. Here are 10 times Ratna Pathak Shah showed us the dark side of Indian film industry, with her honest words.
1. Ratna Pathak Shah on how Bollywood copies music and movies from the west
2. She pointed out how good roles are far and few in between
3. She pointed out how the Indian audience glorifies mediocrity and lousy content
4. Shah didn’t mince her words while speaking about crappy movies
5. Calling a spade a spade; Ratna Pathak Shah called out producers for not paying any attention to the quality of content