While growing up in a patriarchal society, many of us wondered why don’t we raise our sons like we do our daughters or vice versa? It is heartbreaking that even in the 21st century this differentiation still exists. While some progressive parents are raising their daughters and sons equally in a gender-neutral world, there are many who still have different rules for them.
To send across a message to such parents, a Twitter user published a very powerful thread on raising kids. We felt this series of tweets are as powerful as any renowned parenting book. Here are these tweets that we hope every man and woman reads and understands before embarking on the journey of parenthood:
1. Don’t Make Your Daughters Assistant Parents To Their Brothers
2. Everyone Who Loves Eating Need To Know Cooking
3. Respect Is Gender Neutral
4. Boys Can Be Vulnerable Too
5. How You’ll Take Care Of Husband
6. Don’t Compare Kids Based On Gender
7. Make Your Boys Feel Accountable
At IFORHER, we feel it is high time we give up on the rudimentary thought process of the earlier generations that shamed women for being strong, and humiliated men for being weak. We can definitely raise a better generation of men and women, who treat each other as equal!
Do let us know what you think!