Recently, a twitter user – Colonel Sanjay Pande – shared his inspiring story of taking care of his pregnant daughter. Within no time, the story went viral for all the right reasons. This beautiful story left many in happy tears.
While narrating his story in the Twitter thread, Sanjay Pande shared how he decided to be his daughter’s mother and do everything that his wife would have done.
1. My wife passed away and a year plus later my daughter informed me that I was going to be a grand dad soon. Traditionally, I, father, as lone surviving parent, would have been most useless guy around in pregnancy days, post pregnancy period, baby’s growth etc. I was a fighter.— Col Sanjay Pande (Retd) (@ColSanjayPande) May 8, 2022
He shared how he prepared himself with the help of the internet, elders, and books. He even created a traditional diet plan for his daughter and prepared the first batch of laddus for her.
“I decided to be my daughters ‘mother’. Right from the day she informed me, I planned her traditional diet, learnt by researching through nights, YouTube, elders, books and everything I could lay my hands on. The FIRST batch of laddus for 30 days was ready. Problem? Delhi & UK! ”
Here’s the beautiful thread:
3. Vaccum packing machine, food grade plastics, freezing laddus for 96 hrs, packing as sending them by parcel to UK!!! The first lot saved my daughters life since she was eating nothing. 15 days later the second different type of laddus were made and frozen. 21st day dispatched!— Col Sanjay Pande (Retd) (@ColSanjayPande) May 8, 2022
5. Eighth month, Seventh, Sixth, Fifth, Fourth, Third, Second and the month of due date. I fed her nutrients from here. CoVID did not permit travel. All eight months she was fed in UK what she would have got here. Now my challenge in July was WHAT to feed her post-pregnancy?— Col Sanjay Pande (Retd) (@ColSanjayPande) May 8, 2022
Sharing how he prepared himself for supporting his daughter post-pregnancy, Sanjay said: “Again research, foods & superfoods helping in lactation or increasing milk, etc were studied and the first lot was dispatched in August. It continued for each month. I visited the UK and made it in bulk. Whether it was Garden Cress, Edible Gum, Methi, Shatawari, or many such things.”
7. I became master. Mixing ingredients, balancing calories and seeing the effect with own eyes. From Jan 19 to date, the flow of this special mothers food was given by me, a father, to my daughter. It continues. It’s been a year that the grand kid feeds on my Laddu as start of— Col Sanjay Pande (Retd) (@ColSanjayPande) May 8, 2022
He ended the thread by feeling proud of himself and how he did not let his wife down.
9. I never realised that what I did from Jan 2019 up to today was anything but my duty. A random thought triggered the thread today. I am amazed at response, comments, suggestions & kind words from Twitter friends. Admitting unashamedly, you all made me cry today. Love you all.— Col Sanjay Pande (Retd) (@ColSanjayPande) May 8, 2022
Many netizens came forward to celebrate him and his efforts:
A proactive parent/grandparent is a blessing at this sensitive time, be it a father or a mother. What a wonderful father you are. Your daughter is blessed— Soumya🇮🇳 (@Soumya51747008) May 8, 2022
Kudos Sir 👏👏— #IndiaFirst 🇮🇳 (@savitha_rao) May 8, 2022
A dad’s recipe book would inspire many. Esp since you have researched and incorporated healthy ingredients.
This is so beautiful! I didn’t have anyone to make me nutritious Food during either of my pregnancies and delivery. Your daughter is so loved and blessed— Neha 🇮🇳 (@nehakanand) May 8, 2022
Kudos to you, Sir👍 These are the most heartening tweets I have read in recent times. Your daughter is blessed to have a father like you🙏😊— Roopa B (@Roopa13B) May 8, 2022
You, Sir, are Thaayumaanavan (the man one who also become a mother). Please accept all our love.— Subha Jayanagaraja (@subhajrao) May 8, 2022
You have earned the title of a super dadi ji to add the row already on your chest and you wear it with distinction and pride(that I could read between the lines)— king-of-seasons007 رتوراج سنگھ سبعة (@RITURAJSINGH007) May 9, 2022
Hats off to you sir
My humble submission please do pen a book on your two years of a long distance mom/dad 🙌👍🙌👍
What a wonderful testament to being a parent… In the army it’s normally the mom’s who Don the additional hat of the dad… May all fauji dad’s be like you…— Vasanthi 🇮🇳 (@sunnysaggy) May 8, 2022
No. You made us cry.— TanRants (@LongIslandIcyT) May 8, 2022
Today marks death anniv of my MIL who was equally fanatic abt my diet throughout my pregnancy.
Nd even later as lactating mom balancing kid nd work,
I couldn’t leave without her tiny basket of nuts nd seeds nd laddus.
Thnks for reminding of all tht love..
What a wonderful story!