Here are some of Shakira’s best quotes that reflect why she is a role model for so many women across the globe.
1. In this life, to earn your place you have to fight for it.
2. In the full light of day, I don’t want to think about the sunset.
3. I feel a real sense of duty to use the voice and the platform I’ve been afforded by my fame to speak out for those whose voices don’t get a chance to be heard.
4. I prefer an ugly truth to a pretty lie. If someone is telling me the truth that is when I will give my heart.
5. I’m someone who has always been very stubborn and strong-willed. I never gave up.
6. I know what it’s like to feel that fear and the need of affirmation and appreciation. To build confidence in yourself is the toughest thing.
7. I consider myself a survivor more than anything else.
8. You can’t achieve anything in life without a small amount of sacrifice.
9. Women should feel happy with their bodies and not live with the stigma that comes from not looking like models in fashion magazines.
10. Walking gets too boring, when you learn how to fly.
11. Scars remind me of just how far that I’ve come.
12. I’ve always thought of myself as a woman who works hard, believes in herself, and wants to accomplish as much as possible.
13. I’m a perfectionist in recovery. I’m trying to deal with that monster inside of me that wants to do everything right. Or better than right.
14. Fame isolates people from reality. That happens to many artists, and I don’t want it to happen to me.
15. I’m more afraid of marriage than death.
16. My main hope for my children would be that whatever profession or calling they choose in life, that they pursue it with passion.
17. Because of you, I’m running out of reasons to cry.
18. You collect impressions from people, from life, from your own daydreams.
19. You have to be very strong and tough-minded if you want to survive.
20. There’s no better makeup than self-confidence.
21. My hips don’t lie and I don’t lie either!
22. I think it’s my energy and love of life that has been the real key to my fame and success.
23. Education affects every major challenge we face in society. It creates economic growth, paves the way for peace and stability and helps erase the legacy of marginalization.
24. Live your life to the fullest.
25. Even after I got some recognition and success, I still had to work hard and prove myself.
26. Our leaders are lacking love, and love is lacking leaders.
27. Education is literally the difference between success and failure, or even life and death for many children.
28.My brain, I believe, is the most beautiful part of my body.
Image Courtesy: Shakira Facebook Page