“I love you” – the three words that globally define the feeling of being in love. These three words help us build a deep, enriching, and significant emotional connection with the person we love. But, what if you would like to tell someone you love them without saying these three words? What if you want to tell someone you love, without saying anything at all?
We understand telling someone you love them can be a really scary prospect — so scary that you don’t see how you could ever do it. So, here are 100 best ways to tell someone you love them without really saying it.
How to tell someone you love them without saying the words – I love you!
Don’t want to say “I love you”? Try these powerful 25 phrases to tell someone you love them!
• My life is enriched by your presence in it. • I’m significantly better off with you in my life. • You make me want to be better than I am. • My life would have been sad if you weren’t around. • You’re important to me, and I’ll never take you for granted. • I treasure our connection. • I’ll hold onto memories of our time together forever. • I want to share my life with you. • Seeing you happy gives me a reason to try. • You are very special to me. • I feel amazing when I spend time with you. • You give me goosebumps. • I feel safe sharing my secrets with you. • I don’t want to change you even a bit. I like you as you are. • Can I hold your hand? • Can I give you a hug? • You inspire me to be a better person. • You are one of the most amazing gifts I have ever received. • I value everything you’ve taught me. • I will never forget how you make me feel. • I feel so relaxed and happy when you are around. • I could sit next to you and not say anything and be at peace.
• I’m thankful to have you in my life. • I could go anywhere with you. • I trust you. • I can go outside of my comfort zone with you. • The world is less scary when I am with you. • I lose all concept of time when I am with you. • I feel connected to you even when I cannot see you. • I feel refreshed and renewed around you. • I enjoy your sense of humor. • Whenever I see a photo of us together, I smile. • Your smile makes me smile. • I love that you know me so well. • I want to keep you in my past, present, and future. • I can be me when I am with you—I hope you feel the same way. • Circumstance brought us together; choice keeps us together.
How to tell someone you love without saying anything at all
While words or verbal cues are extremely helpful. But in case, words aren’t really your thing, then these non-verbal gestures could help you express your love too! If you find yourself getting tongue-tied, these actions are the best ways to tell someone you love them!
• Give them your 100% attention. Ignore your phone when they’re around, so they know they’re important. • Listen to them actively, so they know you’re actually invested in their words. • Give a well-thought-out personalized handmade gift. • Go out of your way to support them or make their life easier in some way. • Make time to do an activity together you know they enjoy – be it music or games. • Remember small-small stuff about them. And, don’t forget to show them that you notice. • Send them ‘Hi’ message to let them know that you think about them when they’re not in the room. • Don’t miss a chance to show your support for them, especially when they find themselves alone, with no one around. • Help them heal during their grieving process (during a heartbreak or when a pet or loved one is ill or has died). • Support them in reaching out for their goals, dream and passion. (Help them in important job interviews etc.) • Pick them up and cheer their spirits when they feel low from a really important job interview and have lunch together, for example).
In case you are looking for a romantic way to express your love, then what could be better than a heartfelt letter. Yes, in the era of Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, the traditional letter still remains the best way to show someone your love. Here’s how you can get your ‘I love you’ letter-game on point:
• Write it by hand. Yes, hand-written letters can do magic. If your handwriting isn’t great, then fair enough. But if you can write legibly, then remember your gesture will add great emotional weight to your words. • Make sure you pick the right stationery i.e. nice paper and quality pen. Remember, your feelings are a big f*cking deal, and you should treat them with the respect they deserve. • Please…please…avoid cliches and cheesy lines. No one likes reading a bunch of cheesy lines. Please make sure you put the heartfelt authentic words to make it sound as real as your feelings. • Be specific and authentic. Bring up shared moments that meant a lot to both of you. This can be a great way to get the right emotional connect before you express your feelings. • There is no shortcut when it comes to telling someone you love them. So, please write from your heart. A poorly constructed but honest sentiment is worth ten smoothly constructed lines stolen from movies. • In case you struggle to use your own words, don’t shy away from seeking help from the poetry. There are hundreds of years of love poetry to fall back on. Find just the perfect poem that sums up your feelings and emotions on paper. • While expressing romantic love, keep the sexual stuff and swearing out. And, please remember love and lust are completely different things. • In your letter, don’t forget to tell them the specific qualities you value in them. Believe us, nothing works like genuine flattery. Do you know what’s better than reading I love you? Reading I love you because… • Mention how they have brought difference into your life. When you tell someone you love them, you’re implying that they’re significant to you. This is way easier to convey if you can provide examples of why. • And, don’t worry too much to make it perfect. It’s not about your grammar or writing skills! It’s about you feelings, honesty and openness!
• When they are falling asleep, whisper it in their ears. (We’re assuming you share a bed with them. If you don’t, avoid this method. Nobody will appreciate you breaking into their bedroom, no matter how much you love them.) • Cook them their favourite meal and tell them over it. Or, if you are not a good cook, take them to their favourite restaurant and tell them over their favourite dish. They’re more likely to be receptive, plus they’ll forevermore associate your love with their favourite dish. • Write it in the air with a sparkler. Sparklers are a mainstay of many holiday celebrations, and writing a little “I ♡ you” in the air with burning magnesium is a twee and cutesy way of conveying your admiration. • If they are music lover, make them a love song playlist on Spotify or YouTube etc. • You can write it in a note and leave it in a place, where they’ll find it. In case they are not ready for it, you can lie and say that you left it for the dog. • Looking for a perfect combination: Combine methods 2 and 5. Make them breakfast in bed, write it in a note, and deliver said note with said breakfast. • In case you are looking for a steamy way, then, write it with your finger in condensation on the bathroom mirror. Have you both just gotten the shower or bathroom mirror a little steamy? Turn that into your first admission of love. • In case you are on beach, you can write it in the sand. Beaches are dead romantic anyway, so it’ll be easy to set the tone. • Just gather your courage and say “I love you.” Even if you’re visibly uncomfortable, don’t worry. In these moments, being uncomfortable can work to your advantage. • You can text it to them when they’re in the room. No, seriously. You can watch their response and both get all mushy about it. (Also Read: How To Start A Conversation With A Girl? 10 Ways To Do It Right)
Hope these special ways will help you to tell someone that you love them and create good memories. In case we missed out some special way, do let us know!