Christmas Trivia: There are so many fun facts and questions related to all things Christmas. Read on for a list of Christmas-related questions that are perfect for a pop-up quiz with family and friends.
Do you know all about Christmas? Here are some fun Christmas trivia questions. And, don’t forget to explore some fun trivia questions about Christmas movies. Without any delay, scroll down, to read some of the best Christmas Trivia Questions and make your Christmas party extra special. And, in case you are wondering what other games you can play with your friends and family during the Christmas party, you can find some of the best Christmas party games here.
Christmas Trivia Questions
Christmas Trivia Questions
Here is a list of fun fact questions that will help you know a little more about Christmas.
Fun Christmas Trivia Questions
1. Before being associated with Christmas what was Yule?
A pagan midwinter festival
2. What was the poem “Twas the Night Before Christmas” titled initially?
A Visit from St. Nicholas
3. In what decade did Coca-Cola start using Santa Claus in advertisements?
4. What entrepreneur was the first person to dress up as Santa in his department store and start the tradition of the department store/mall Santas?
5. What country is the Poinsettia, with its red and green foliage, native to?
6. What old Christmas tradition signals to people passing by that the residents of a house are Christian?
Putting candles in the window
7. What day is a close second and sometimes surpasses Black Friday for the busiest brick-and-mortar shopping day of the year?
The last Saturday before Christmas (Super Saturday)
8. What large former retail outlet commissioned and published Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?
9. What is the most liked Christmas meal in Japan?
KFC Fried Chicken
10. What European nation replaces Santa Claus with St. Basil to deliver presents to youngsters on January 1st?
11. When eating the customary Wigilia on Christmas Eve, where in Europe may you find money hidden beneath the tablecloth?
12. What was The Little Drummer Boy’s original name?
Carol of the Drum
13. How were the authors of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer the story and Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer the song connected?
They were in-laws.
14. What well-known Christmas song was a call for peace composed during the Cuban missile crisis?
Do You Hear What I Hear?
15. What merry Christmas carol from 1739 was meant to be accompanied by a slow, solemn piece of music?
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
16. What was the original title of Jay Livingston and Ray Evans’ well-known Christmas tune Silver Bells?
17. What nation is the origin of the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
18. What animal components were used to create the first artificial Christmas trees?
Green-painted goose feathers
19. What year did the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree originally appear?
20. What holiday custom that involved plants did Victorian English servants popularize?
Kissing under the mistletoe
21. Who designed the first Christmas light display using electricity?
22. Which US state in the northeast holds the Guinness World Record for the largest snowman?
23. The tallest Christmas tree ever cut was how tall?
24. The actor who played the Hollywood monster was also the actor who provided the voice of the Grinch in How the Grinch Stole Christmas. What else was he most well-known for playing?
25. How many wise men, Magi, and kings visited baby Jesus, according to the Bible?
A number is not mentioned
26. Which Southeast Asian nation has the longest holiday season, beginning in September with decorations and songs and occasionally lasting until late January?
27. In which country in Central America might you find yourself starting the Christmas season by sweeping your house on December 7th while burning the devil?
28. What Swedish animated series is a Christmas Eve tradition and is viewed by millions of Swedes each year?
29. Who was the German Nazi Regime’s replacement for Saint Nick and Santa Claus?
30. When did Santa Claus’s Christmas Eve tracking by NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command, formerly CONAD) begin?
The 1950’s (specifically 1955)
31. What is presented on the seventh day in the carol Twelve Days of Christmas?
Swans A Swimming
32. What nation is the source of Silent Night?
33. In what century did the word “Christmas” first appear in writing?
The 16th century
34. When was the first Christmas celebrated by Christians in the East?
6th of January
35. What Roman festival, observed from December 17 to December 23, had a significant impact on how Christmas was observed?
36. Around Christmas, the French word “Noel” is frequently used, but what did it originally signify in Latin?
37. Who steals everything associated with Christmas from the Whos in an effort to prevent the arrival of Christmas?
38. The writer of A Christmas Carol is unknown.
More Fun Christmas Trivia Questions
39. Why was Rudolph singled out by the other reindeer?
His red nose
40. Where do the McCallisters go on vacation when they leave Kevin behind in Home Alone?
41. Which real-life department store served as the inspiration for the film Miracle on 34th Street?
42. What was the character Scrooge’s first name in A Christmas Carol?
43. Which nation has a Christmas custom where a witch leaves presents for the kids down the chimney?
44. What is the place of Jesus’ birth?
45. Which ghost makes Scrooge’s final appearance in A Christmas Carol?
The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come
46. Who said, “Christmas doesn’t come from a store; perhaps Christmas means a little more?”